Rent my brain
Consulting, coaching, and training
I offer advice, consulting and coaching on a smorgasbord of different subjects, from freelancing and social media, to podcasting and new platforms.
With a background covering cutting-edge media innovations, interviewing editorial and development staff at some of the world's biggest news organisations, and testing literally hundreds of new platforms, tools, and apps – in both the UK and the US – I am uniquely placed to give reliable insights and useful feedback on whatever new venture you have in mind.
I've worked with startups, app developers, academic institutions, and non-profits, as well as other journalists, to share my expertise. Here are a few of my favourite projects so far:
- Developing design and UX on a beta stage Twitter app.
- Designing a digital journalism programme for students at a UK university.
- Teaching non-profits and business owners how to improve their reach and engagement through blogging and social media.
- Helping event organisers find diverse, yet brilliant, speakers for their next conference.
Want to discuss your next project? Get in touch and let's grab a coffee, pick up the phone, and see how we can work together.
"We asked Abigail to produce a report on podcasting for us. It was very high quality and it was a pleasure working with her. I would recommend her to anyone looking for insight in this field."
– Husain Husaini, chief executive, Wire Free Productions
"THANK YOU. This was incredibly helpful."
– Eric Athas, editorial training, NPR